106 Central Park South
Originally called the Barbizon Plaza Hotel built in 1930, this elegant building was designed by Shultze and Weaver, Lawrence Emmons, and Murgatroyed and Ogden and acquired by Donald Trump in 1988 which was transformed into a condominium with 340 units to the designs of Frank Williams. This beautiful stone-clad building has an eye-catching roof structure made of tiles and glass that shimmer in day and were simply mesmerizing during the night, replicating the moon. However, after World War II, this roof was redesigned as it was discouraged to have night illuminations on buildings. The newer roof is considered much better and complemented with ornamentations, Art Deco embellishments, and rectilinear protrusions and is a structure that stands out as a flamboyant New York landmark. This 38-story building extends through to 58th Street and wraps around a smaller building known as Trump Park East at 100 Central Park South, which has it’s own entrance. These two buildings compliment each other beautifully with their neo-classical style. Trump Parc’s entrance is full of polished granite and landscaping where Donald Trump recognizes the architectural merits of the building and adds the normal dose of glitz he is known for.